Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior and Lord? Even if you are now a Christian there was a time you most likely were not one. Why didn’t you come to Jesus sooner? We all have a reason why we hold out, but our soul would be much happier if we didn’t take so long in asking Jesus into our life.
Did you make excuses as to why you didn’t want Jesus in your life? Maybe without even realizing it you did this, or you thought it possible that you liked your life as it was…even if it was filled with the world and sin. Many people say they enjoy sin so they don’t want to stop doing what they are doing. We have all heard the excuses people make in rejecting Jesus, but if they only understood what was going to happen at some point they would truly run to Him and ask Him to forgive them.
- They Don’t Believe In God: For me, I can’t say that was ever what I thought. For this wonderful lady when I was a child had told me all about Him. She would take me to church with her. She was a very special and sincere lady whom I so respected even as a small child. However, there were many years I just didn’t get it. Even without realizing it, I was rejecting the Lord. He never rejected me, but I did Him and for that, I wasted many years of my relationship with Him. I don’t want even five minutes ever to feel that way again. I also want you to have the Lord in your life for He is so wonderful and in the relationship with Him no one else, no matter how much we love them, can take the Lord’s place.
- Romans 1:20-21 ESV– For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- Hebrews 11:6 ESV– And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- They Don’t Believe That Jesus Is The Only Way To Heaven: How many times have you heard this from people? You hear from politicians, movie stars, and even from many different churches out there that there are many ways to get to heaven…but they are lies. The Bible is specific on this and to deny that won’t get you to heaven no matter what anyone says. Many just are not going to believe the truth because they want to do and believe a lie rather than find out what God says on this subject.
- John 14:6 ESV– Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6 ESV– For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
- They Don’t Believe in a Heaven or Hell: Oh, this one is a doozie. This one, I’d venture to say breaks the Lord’s heart for He came to give you life, to set you free, and forgive you so that you could go and be in heaven with Him one day. Why don’t you believe in heaven or hell? Even some Christians say this and they should know the truth on this subject. If you call yourself a Christian and don’t believe in heaven or hell, where do you think you go when you die? Do you think you just cease to exist or what? Oh, you will be in one of these places and I sure pray that you make the right choice because God is not the one who sends you to hell…it is you that does by your rejection of Him and not believing His word. As you can see by just the next two verses God is declaring there is a heaven and there is a hell. Choose wisely!
- John 14:2-4 ESV– In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.
- Revelations 21:8 ESV– But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
- They Are Discouraged By The Behaviour of Hypocrites: Oh that hypocrite excuse. They say they don’t want to go to church because there are hypocrites there. They would be right there are…but they are there, and they are learning about Jesus. That is surely more than the person sitting there and claiming that excuse as to why they are not going to go to church. All people sin even those that go to church. They are not perfect and not saying they are. They are there to get their life right with God and that is not usually an overnight thing. You learn and learn, and change things in your life. Yes, there will be hypocrites in the church and everywhere else you go in life. Are you being a hypocrite making that excuse? It is an excuse you know. Every single person in the church is at a different place in their walk with God even if they have 10 people in one family going to church. They all sin and fall short and then have to deal with God to get right with Him. Don’t use this excuse as to why you are not going to church.
- Matthew 6:1-4 ESV– “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. 2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
- Matthew 15:7-9 ESV– You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: 8 “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.
- Romans 2:3 ESV– Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?
- They Love Their Sinful Lifestyle & They Don’t Want To Give It Up. This is one of the biggest excuses that people make. They want to sin; they don’t want to change even if not changing would cause them to go to hell. A drug addict loves to get high, an alcoholic wants another drink, a person into porn wants to watch more and more of it, and the list is huge. People don’t want to give up sin. No matter what you sin is, lying, stealing, cheating, violence and so on….people don’t want to do what is right and think many of them make this excuse but they really don’t understand that no matter what sin you do…if you have not Jesus, and you have not confessed it to Him, and repented/changed direction then you are not on your way to heaven.
- Galatians 5:18-22 ESV– But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Romans 12:2 ESV– Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- Hebrews 11:25 ESV– Choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin.
- They Follow A Different Religion / A Different Belief System: This happens to many people. They just go from religion to religion to see what suits them even if that is 100% wrong for them. They follow people who might sound good and tell them what they want to hear…called tickling their ears, but don’t tell them the truth. They are being deceived and don’t even understand that. They want to hear lies a lot of the time because to know the truth and not do it…they know that is wrong, but if someone calls themselves a pastor/teacher, etc., they will believe them but somewhere inside them they know it is wrong. What needs to happen is that you pick up a Bible and actually read it so that you know if someone is lying to you or not. Don’t add to it, or take away from it. Don’t try to make it say whatever it is you want to believe. God’s word is specific and doesn’t need even one word changed to appease you.
- Exodus 20:3 ESV– “You shall have no other gods before Me.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:20-22 ESV– No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 22 Shall we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
- 1 Timothy 4:1 ESV– Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons
- They Fear Persecution and They Are Afraid of the Gospel: Well, just about everyone I would venture to say doesn’t want to face persecution, but if we love the Lord then the opportunity to be persecuted is there. As for being afraid of the gospel…why? You live in a fallen world that is totally filled with violence and hate. What, in your mind, can be worse that just to live in this fallen world with all of its evil and yet say that you fear the gospel? What part of the Bible do you really fear? I’d fear more not having the Bible to go to in my times of struggles. As for persecution, God said these following things:
2 Timothy 3:12 ESV / 48 helpful votes
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
Romans 12:14 ESV / 33 helpful votes
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Matthew 5:11 ESV / 33 helpful votes
“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
Romans 8:35 ESV / 32 helpful votes
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
John 15:18 ESV / 29 helpful votes
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
Matthew 5:10 ESV / 21 helpful votes
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 6:22 ESV / 18 helpful votes
“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!
Matthew 5:10-12 ESV / 18 helpful votes
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
2 Corinthians 12:10 ESV / 17 helpful votes
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Matthew 5:44 ESV / 17 helpful votes
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Mark 10:29-30 ESV / 15 helpful votes
Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.
Revelation 6:9-11 ESV / 14 helpful votes
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
Matthew 13:20-21 ESV / 14 helpful votes
As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.
Psalm 31:15 ESV / 14 helpful votes
My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
Psalm 23:4 ESV / 14 helpful votes
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
1 Peter 5:8 ESV / 13 helpful votes
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 4:16 ESV / 13 helpful votes
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
Psalm 23:1-6 ESV / 13 helpful votes
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. …
Acts 22:7 ESV / 12 helpful votes
And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’
Matthew 5:11-12 ESV / 12 helpful votes
“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
1 Peter 4:12-14 ESV / 11 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
1 Peter 3:14 ESV / 11 helpful votes
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
1 Peter 4:19 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
1 Corinthians 15:58 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
John 16:33 ESV / 10 helpful votes
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Revelation 2:10 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
1 John 3:13 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.
James 1:2-4 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Philippians 1:29 ESV / 8 helpful votes
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,
Galatians 4:29 ESV / 8 helpful votes
But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.
2 Corinthians 4:8-12 ESV / 8 helpful votes
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you.
Romans 8:35-37 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
John 16:2 ESV / 8 helpful votes
They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God.
John 15:20 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
Matthew 13:21 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.
Revelation 2:8-10 ESV / 7 helpful votes
“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life. “‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 1:9 ESV / 7 helpful votes
I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
Revelation 20:4 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Revelation 17:6 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. When I saw her, I marveled greatly.
Revelation 7:14 ESV / 6 helpful votes
I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
1 John 3:1 ESV / 6 helpful votes
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 Peter 4:12-16 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
1 Peter 3:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:16 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
2 Timothy 1:8 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God,
1 Timothy 3:12 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.
Philippians 3:10 ESV / 6 helpful votes
That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
Philippians 1:12-14 ESV / 6 helpful votes
I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Galatians 5:11 ESV / 6 helpful votes
But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed.
1 Corinthians 12:10-12 ESV / 6 helpful votes
To another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
Romans 12:17-21 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:2 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 8:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Romans 8:7 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.
Romans 8:2 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
Acts 14:22 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.
Acts 13:50 ESV / 6 helpful votes
But the Jews incited the devout women of high standing and the leading men of the city, stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and drove them out of their district.
Acts 11:19 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Now those who were scattered because of the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except Jews.
Acts 8:1 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And Saul approved of his execution. And there arose on that day a great persecution against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.
Acts 7:59-60 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
Acts 7:52 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
John 17:14 ESV / 6 helpful votes
I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John 16:1-4 ESV / 6 helpful votes
“I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
John 15:18-20 ESV / 6 helpful votes
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
John 15:1-18:40 ESV / 6 helpful votes
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. …
Luke 21:19 ESV / 6 helpful votes
By your endurance you will gain your lives.
Luke 6:1-22:71 ESV / 6 helpful votes
On a Sabbath, while he was going through the grainfields, his disciples plucked and ate some heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands. But some of the Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?” And Jesus answered them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and took and ate the bread of the Presence, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those with him?” And he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.” …
Mark 10:30 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.
Mark 4:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
Matthew 10:22 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Matthew 5:12 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:1-10:42 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. …
Matthew 5:1-11:30 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. …
Jeremiah 20:11 ESV / 6 helpful votes
But the Lord is with me as a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten.
Psalm 23:2 ESV / 6 helpful votes
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
Hebrews 12:3 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
2 Timothy 2:12 ESV / 5 helpful votes
If we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;
Matthew 24:9-14 ESV / 5 helpful votes
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. …
Revelation 12:17 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.
Revelation 6:10 ESV / 4 helpful votes
They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
Revelation 2:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
“‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Revelation 2:1-29 ESV / 4 helpful votes
“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. …
Revelation 1:1-20 ESV / 4 helpful votes
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood …
1 Peter 4:12-13 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
1 Peter 4:12 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
1 Peter 4:4 ESV / 4 helpful votes
With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you;
1 Peter 4:1 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
1 Peter 2:1-25 ESV / 4 helpful votes
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. …
1 Peter 1:6-7 ESV / 4 helpful votes
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
James 5:10 ESV / 4 helpful votes
As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
2 Timothy 4:17-18 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
2 Timothy 3:10-12 ESV / 4 helpful votes
You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. …
Philippians 3:6 ESV / 4 helpful votes
As to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
Ephesians 6:19-20 ESV / 4 helpful votes
And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
Ephesians 6:18 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Galatians 6:12 ESV / 4 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
It is those who want to make a good showing in the flesh who would force you to be circumcised, and only in order that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 4:8-11 ESV / 4 helpful votes
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
2 Corinthians 1:7-9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.
- They Have A Deceived & False Perception of Christ: How do people perceive Jesus? Many won’t accept Him no matter what you seem to say. To accept Jesus as their Lord would mean that something in their life would need to change. Some think that how could anyone love this “man”. First He is not just a man like when on earth to live and die for you, but He is God and your very soul rests in His hands. What exactly did Jesus do to offend you? What did He exactly do to you personally that you don’t want Him in your life? Personally, I can’t tell you the depths that my Lord saved me from, or the love that fills my heart knowing Him personally.
- Matthew 16:13-17 ESV– Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 ESV– But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.
- They Believe Their Personal Works Are Enough Without Christ. This is scary to me. Works won’t save you. No matter how many works you do in your life if Jesus in not your Lord and Savior they still won’t get you into heaven. We live by faith and after we are saved the works we do…we do in honor of God and not ourself. By grace we have been saved through faith. That is awesome. Why would anyone not want that? Why would anyone think that a good deed…or many good deeds done get you into heaven? That is not what God says. Works are great and we should do them…but do all your good works to honor God and not yourself. Personally I want God every day of my life and don’t want to miss any relationship with Him. Do you?
- 1 John 5:12 ESV– Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV– For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- They Believe That They Themselves Are Gods: I know of some people who think that they are a god. However, I find that insane to even think that. Can they created a universe, make a person, make earth and all the animals, fish, and birds? Can they make a sun and a moon? No, they can’t do any of that and to think they are important like god blows my mind. Some think that when they die they become a god. Do they even realize what they are claiming? No…absolutely they don’t. There is one God and He won’t ever share His glory with anyone.
- Exodus 20:3 ESV– “You shall have no other gods before Me.”
- Matthew 24:24 ESV– For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
- Matthew 24:5 ESV– For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.
I sure hope that anyone reading this will never again reject the Lord Jesus. I hope they will ask Jesus to come into their life and be their Lord. No matter how far your life has fallen…God stands at the door and knocks. He is calling you to go and open that door and let Him in. However, He does not force Himself on you. It has to be you who asks. If I could ask Him into your life for you I sure would. I hope this post helps you and if it does, please share it with someone else.
Now, may the God of Creation bless you, keep you, provide for you, give you answers when you need them, and may you find peace in Him.
God bless you.